Table of Contents
As we all advance and progress in age, we begin to experience some limitations in mobility. Understandably, seniors will want to remain independent, but even regular activities like bathing and showering can be very challenging.
Showers are some of the most dangerous places in the house for the elders and that is because they are very prone to falls when inside so it is not the best of places for the seniors. These falls are most likely going to lead to injuries and in some cases; the falls are so serious that the elders have to be admitted to the hospital.
But, things do not even need to be this bad because there is a good option in place. Shower chairs are specifically designed to make life easy for the elders. With the aid of these chairs, they can remain stable and balanced, and most importantly, secure, when they are taking their bath or showers. The shower chairs offer security because they prevent falls.
Best Shower Chairs for Seniors in the market
Azadx Bath Chair
- Made of high quality aluminum alloy,leather material,this versatile transfer bath bench is ideal for adults who need e,xtra support getting in and out of the bathtub or shower. The bath chair is reversible with height-adjustable legs to fit most bathtubs, and features tool-free assembly for the back, legs, and arms. The transfer bench is constructed of durable, blown plastic that is designed to withstand daily use
- The transfer bench features tool-free assembly of back, legs, and arms for seamless bath installation. The bath bench also has a pinch-free lever that allows the push pins to be depressed during adjustment with extra safety
- A sturdy A-frame design ensures this transfer bench provides maximum support while entering or exiting the bath, and can be installed with arm handle on either side to accommodate your bathtub
- The transfer bench remains securely in place on your bathroom and bathtub floors with extra-strong suction cups that ensure unparalleled stability. The versatile extension legs of the bath bench can be adjusted in 1/2" increments for customized comfort
- Thickening of the rubber foot mat, safe, anti-skidding and wear-resisting. Warming tips: please confirm the size with the dimension image to have a check if it suits for your need before purchasing
This is one of the most excellent options and it is made from a stunning combination of leather and aluminum alloy. The height is modifiable and it is even reversible. As a result of this, it can be used in virtually any kind of bathroom. It is very easy to assemble and not much tool is even needed to get this done. The seat has contours for maximum stability and comfort; there are also drainage holes that ensure you do not slip. Its resilient A-frame structure prevents all kinds of breakage and falls.
Reasons to Buy
- The materials used are leather and aluminum
- The height is adjustable
- It is designed for regular use
Carex Bath Seat
- RELAX IN A SHOWER SEAT. A bath chair that is also a perfect shower chair for elderly or adults who may be fall risks but still want to be independent. Bath bench chair is also a good fit for handicap individuals.
- PATENTED EXACT LEVEL height adjustable legs for our shower stools and benches make it easy to adjust our shower chairs to the perfect height, no tools required. The shower bench chair disassembles quickly for storage or travel.
- DURABLE - HOLDS UP TO 400LBS. Our shower chairs and benches come with durability built-in. Our specialty is building shower seats for the elderly and disabled, and they go through rigorous testing with our QA department. Buy in confidence. The widest point of the legs for this bath seat is 21 inches
- TUB CHAIR FITS MOST BATHTUBS AND SHOWERS. Bathroom chair is made to fit most standard bath tubs and showers. The bathtub seat has adjustable legs and fits bathtubs and showers with curved bottoms. Extra-large seating area
- MADE IN THE USA TUB SEAT. American workers know the importance of manufacturing safe shower seats for adults, elderly and shower benches for the disabled, a bath chair shower chair made in the USA.
Here is a shower seat that has been designed to allow the seniors to have a lot of fun when bathing or taking showers without any worry or anxiety concerning falling. The height is modifiable and tools are not even needed to get this done. Fixing and dismantling come with no stress and you can swiftly store it.
It is designed in a way that it can work with most showers and bathtubs. So, even if you have tubs with curved bottoms, it is going to work. It is long-lasting and can support the weight of as much as 400 pounds which is a lot bigger than what many people even need. There are two incorporated handles on the seat which provide additional stability.
Reasons to Buy
- Easy to assemble and dismantle
- Can hold up to 400 pounds
- There are no tools needed
- It is even good for curved tubs
- The height can be adjusted as you like
Drive Medical Premium Series Shower Chair with Back and Arms
- Bathroom Bench: Designed to fit just about any style of bathtub, our tub bench for bathroom is exceptionally easy to install without tools
- Quality Construction: The ultimate handicap shower accessories for daily living, our tub chair for elderly, disabled, and injured individuals is made of durable plastic.Do not use an abrasive cleaner
- Adjustable: Designed to fit your unique needs, our adjustable stool has legs that can be adjusted in 0.5-inch increments
- Secure and Scratchproof: Our bath seat for bathtubs and showers comes equipped with suction-style tips on the legs, providing stability and drainage holes that reduce slipping
- Dimensions: Width: 21.75 inch; Height: 16 inch to 20.5 inch; Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
Here is an interesting and useful shower chair for the elderly and it features strong legs alongside non-slip feet. Parts like the arms, legs, and back can be dismantled and stored easily without the need for a tool.
It can also be assembled quickly when the time comes to take a shower again. There is a height indication that makes the modification of heights easy and swift for you. The seat is an embodiment of comfort and it is made in a way that it fits also sizes and shapes.
Reasons to Buy
- It is compact and easy to carry around
- The height can be adjusted as you like
- Easy storage is guaranteed
- The shower chair comes with non-slip feet
Drive Medical Shower Chair with Backrest
- Enter & Exit the Tub with Confidence: The tub transfer bench makes it easier and safer to get in and out of the tub; simply sit and slide over the bathtub’s side to get in and enjoy the support of the generous seat and backrest while you shower
- Bathe Independently & Securely: The shower bench seat features stable A-frame construction and its legs include a non-skid, non-slip tip for security on wet surfaces; the bath seat features drainage holes to prevent water pooling, making it a great bath chair or shower chair for elderly users and others requiring support
- Adjusts to Fit: The bath transfer bench for bathtubs is reversible to fit most bathrooms and its dual-column extending legs can be lifted or lowered in 0.5” increments from 17.5" to 22.5" accommodating most tubs and users
- Built to Last: Built to last with a lightweight aluminum frame, the shower transfer bench features a limited lifetime warranty
- Supports Up to 400 Pounds: Seat dimensions: 26" (W) x 18.5" - 19.5" (D); Outside legs: 32" (W) x 23" (D); Weight capacity: 400 pounds
If what you want is a simple shower chair, here is the one for you. It is made using aluminum and that makes it to be compact and resistant to corrosion. It is very easy and straightforward to assemble and tools are not even necessary.
It comes with angled legs that offer an additional layer of security and there are also suction-like tips that stop the chair from shifting all over the place. The legs can also be adjusted gradually until you get to the height that you want.
Reasons to Buy
- No tool is needed for the assembly
- It is compact and that makes it easy to carry around
- The legs can be modified easily
- As it is made from aluminum, it is resistant to corrosion
Essential Medical Supply Shower Bench with Arms and Back
- Safe and Secure: Features padded removable arms for both comfort when sitting for an extended period and safety when getting in/out of the chair. Often times the hardest part of a bath bench is getting off and on and with the padded arms
- Designed for You: Height adjustability makes sure the shower bench fits you rather than you having to fit the shower bench. Each shower bench has a height adjustable seat from 16" to 20" in 1" increments. inches
- Sit in Comfort: The Shower Bench features a large, texturized 13" x 16" seat with 18 1/4" between the arms. Each seat also features drain holes to prevent water build up while sitting
- Long Lasting: Each frame is specially designed with an aluminum, anodized frame to prevent rust. Aluminum is a lightweight, sturdy material that makes it easy to transport but strong enough to support up to 300lbs
- Easy to Assemble: Don’t worry about tools or frustration with the Shower Bench with Arms, this one is tool free! Features an easy to assemble frame with clear step by step instructions and easy to grip knobs
This shower chair comes with cushioned armrests that allow you to remain stable when you are having your bath. It is ideal for those who like to spend considerable time during their baths. The frame is made using aluminum and that protects it from rusting.
There is a wide and textured seat that adds to its profile for comfort. It can support a weight of up to 300 pounds. For any elder looking for a simple shower chair to enjoy long and soothing showers, here is the one for you without a doubt.
Reasons to Buy
- It has a weight limit of 300 pounds
- The armrests are padded
- The legs can be adjusted until the level you want
- The seat is big enough to accommodate users
- It is ideal for those who spend a lot of time in the showers
Quick Buying Guide
There are different types of shower chairs and they have different features. They are not even on the same level of quality and the ones for elders are supposed to have certain characteristics. The nature of the stool to rest during the shower or even the presence of a complete transfer system and even the durability concerning rusting must be considered.
After comprehensive research, this list compiled contains some of the most reliable shower chair options for the seniors. Each product also contains details on the features that make it to be the preferred alternative for the elderly. When someone has reached an advanced age, nothing else matters more than peace of mind and absence of worry – and that is exactly what these chairs do for the seniors when they are enjoying their baths.