Everyone loves to be able to move about freely and remain independent. However, this seemingly simple goal is not that easy for those who are having one challenge or the other with mobility. They may need an electric wheelchair before they are able to move around.
Technology has made life easier for many and people can now use electric wheelchairs to remain independent. These are very strong and long-lasting products that allow for easy movement either in indoor spaces or even on long-distance journeys. The good thing is that a good fraction of these electric wheelchairs are compact and adjustable so they can be folded neatly and placed inside a vehicle for transport.
This piece is a guide on the best electric wheelchairs on the market and even the features that make them to be so desirable. It is a guide that will help anyone search for the ideal electric wheelchair to be able to make the best choice.
Best Electric Wheelchairs for Seniors in the market
Drive Medical Cirrus Plus
- Attractive steel cross-brace frame is foldable and lightweight for easy portability
- Programmable controller with adjustable length mount; Easy freewheel operation. Climbing Angle: 6 degree, Ground Clearance: 4 inch
- Adjustable tension, padded back upholstery with storage pouch and cushioned seat; Positioning belt included
- Armrests are padded, adjustable, and removable; Swing-away footrests with heel loops
- Flat-free, non-marking tires, manual wheel locks, and anti-tip wheels. Caster Wheels: 8 x 2 inches Solid, Drive Wheels: 12.5 x 2.25 inches Flat-free
Here is an electric wheelchair that comes with a seatbelt so that the elderly can feel secure when seat and there is a very comfortable seat pad in place too. It is also possible to modify the back upholstery for optimal comfort. The footrests can move easily for exit and access.
Reasons to Buy
- It comes in conventional and wide sizes
- It has features that allow for comfort
- It is adjustable and comes with a seat belt too
Pride Mobility Go-Chair
- Exclusive Top Mobility 1-Year Hassle-Free In-Home Service Plan - Included
- Increased 300 lb. weight capacity, Faster speed - up to 3.7 mph
- Larger, 18 amp batteries
- Improved agility - longer wheel base; wider stance; compact turning radius 25.4”
- Dual swing-away, under seat storage bins
This particular electric wheelchair is available in several colors. As there are many colors, it means that you can be able to express your own customized and personalized style even as you cruise around in your own wheelchair. It comes with a pair of storage bins placed beneath the seat but that is not all. It also has a good turning radius.
The electric wheelchair is able to offer support for as much as 300 pounds and the package has an in-home service plan that lasts for two years. There are six colors to choose from and after selecting the color, there is also an extended labor warranty that lasts for one year.
User can adjust the speed to reach as much as 3.7mph and there are big 18 amp batteries. Agility is improved with features like the tight turning radius of 25.4’’, longer wheel base and a wider stance. It also comes with a dual swing-away feature.
Reasons to Buy
- It can support as much as 300 pounds of weight.
- There are several colors to select from
- It is designed to be as comfortable as possible for the user
EZ Lite Cruiser HD Deluxe DX12
- The EZ Lite Cruiser Deluxe DX 12 is our Redesigned Version of the Heavy Duty (HD).
- Now with the Quickest and Easiest Folding & Unfolding action ever seen.
- Perfect for Outdoor Usage with Rugged 12" Rear Wheels, and Works Great Indoors as well.
- Lithium Ion Battery Gets 10+ miles on a single charge. Connect two batteries for 20+ miles range.
- Made for Travel - Weighs only 58 Pounds (w/o Battery) or 64 Pounds (with Battery).
This electric wheelchair is one that is a redesigned type of the heavy duty version. It has the swiftest unfolding and folding mechanism in the series. It is also ideal for usage in outdoor spaces because it comes with rugged rear wheels with 12-inch dimensions and it is also ideal for use in indoor spaces.
It is equipped with a lithium-ion battery that allows the machine to reach over 10 miles on just a single charge. It is also able to link to two batteries which can take it to a range of more than 20 miles. It is designed for travel and that explains why it is relatively compact. The weight is just 58 pounds without the battery or just 64 pounds with the battery and this allows it to be carried around with much ease. It folds up neatly for transport and it is also easy and quick to be dismantled and even after disassembly, no unit weighs over 30 pounds. The seat cover can be removed easily for cleaning and the rear tires make traction optimal.
Reasons to Buy
- It is designed to be easy to use and maintain
- Transporting it around is with no stress
- It can use two batteries which allows the user to cover a distance of over 20 miles
This is one of the safest options out there for elders who are interested in having electric wheelchairs that they can easily use. This is possible because it comes with an impressive array of safety features. These include a sturdy front alongside rear wheels, a 360-degree joystick, motors, foldable foot rest and a very reliable construction that give the most durable use.
Operating this one is very easy and that is possible with the use of the sophisticated joystick design and there is also an advanced electric magnetic breaking system. This is also a wheelchair that offers the highest level of motion control and it is easy to stop. There is a modifiable and anti-leaning rear design that ensures maximum stability. There is also a pair of high-performance lithium battery design.
It is also easy to fold and is very compact. This is possible as it is designed using high-grade aluminum and that makes the weight to come to just 50 lbs. it is very durable and compact. It folds up in a matter of seconds.
Reasons to Buy
- It is a durable product
- Satisfaction is guaranteed
- There is a high level of comfort and stability
Even though it is not even the cheapest, it is good as it can move the elderly user to a full standing position. It is also easy to use and can be stopped at any angle. It promotes better circulation for the user and it gives room for greater flexibility.
Reasons to Buy
- It is very versatile
- There is comfortable cushion in place
- It has a range of 25 miles
Quick Buying Guide
When it comes to searching for the very best electric wheelchairs, there are factors that must be looked out for. The first is value because these electric wheelchairs do not come cheap as some can cost thousands of dollars. So, it must be one that give value for the money spent. Another factor that must be considered.
Seniors deserve the best of options that give them comfort and allow for the most outstanding performance.